MACED believes that building Kentucky’s rural economies requires investment in small farm communities and that family farming is a vital part of a healthy local rural economy. MACED is committed to helping build a strong local economy of farmers, growers, processors, restaurateurs, retailers, distributors and brokers throughout Appalachian Kentucky.
This program seeks to do the following.
• Develop new markets and strengthen existing markets for farm and food producers in Appalachian Kentucky;
• Improve access to capital for those seeking operating funds for diversification or value-adding projects with low-interest loans;
• Provide direct loans to farmers to leverage existing program grant and loan dollars; and
• Provide financial management and planning assistance.
Funds may be used for the following.
• Working capital for new or existing farm diversification projects.
• New equipment purchases for diversification or value-adding projects.