The Kentucky Forest Landowner’s Handbook is Now Available — Free for Kentucky Landowners
Landowners in Kentucky now have access to a new source of information, and best of all, it’s free. The Mountain Association for Community Economic Development (MACED) is now offering The Kentucky Forest Landowners Handbook, a publication written specifically for Kentucky’s forest landowners. This 132-page full-color handbook not only helps landowners better understand their forest, but also offers clear step-by-step directions to help them develop a management plan suited to their specific interests, financial requirements and individual goals.
Included in The Kentucky Forest Landowner’s Handbook are easy to use worksheets, diagrams and relevant resources to help landowners improve the health and value of their forest. Real-life case studies also provide inspiring examples of management plans at work. This handbook is suitable for all landowners, whether they are interested in harvesting trees, earning income from non-timber forest products or managing it for wildlife, recreation or tourism opportunities.
With this handbook, landowners will:
• Receive a sample harvest contract written by an attorney to protect the landowner’s property from poor harvest practices;
• Set manageable goals for their property based on their specific needs and desires;
• Get advice about how to discuss management plans and inheritance with family members;
• Have contact information for Kentucky’s state agencies and professional foresters who can help put a management plan into action;
• Better understand terms that loggers use in order to avoid costly misunderstandings;
• Be able to give foresters and loggers specific and illustrated guidelines to protect land and water resources.
The Kentucky Forest Landowner’s Handbook is one way MACED supports communities and landowners working to balance current financial needs with the desire to manage their forest so that it grows healthier and more valuable over time. MACED works with people in Kentucky and Central Appalachia to create economic opportunity, strengthen democracy and support the sustainable use of natural resources.
The Kentucky Forest Landowner’s Handbook is being offered to Kentucky landowners at no charge, courtesy of MACED, a grant from the W. K. Kellogg Foundation and partial funding through a grant from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency under section 319(h) of the Clean Water Act.
To order your free handbook, contact MACED at 859-986-2373, email
email@example.com or click here for the downloadable version.